Chuck

Chuck

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

ORK TRUKK

 Time for the August update on what I did in July. Never did get back to do another July post. I was really too busy on this build.

I've been looking at getting some Kromlech Orks for a long time and finally broke down and spent the money on a trukk.

It took a bit to get here coming from across the big pond and all but I think it was totally worth it. You can judge for yourself once you see the finished model. It came in a big bag with no instructions. Well there were instructions for cleaning and gluing resin parts but no real assembly instructions.


That's okay. Most of the parts were pretty obvious it was just the little parts that I was really unsure where they should go. That's cool though because you can completely customize it however you want. There were options for a flat hood but since I wasn't going to paint it red I went for the turbo dragster look with the blower. 

There was a lot of flash and some big chunks that needed to be removed. Zoom in on the picture above and take a look at the two big poles coming out of the front of the cab! I thought just for a second I may leave them there and sharpen them up but...nah, I like the front grille look better. 


Once I got it all cleaned up and did some test fitting it was time to prime. I've run out of grey primer, my favorite, and decided what the heck I'll try the red primer. I used bit of white glue to put it all together to get a better visual of what I was working with. Then I will disassemble it for painting.

The back hatch had pins so it could open and close but there was no real catch to keep it closed. Bring in the magnets! I cut the pins and replaced them with magnets and inserted one on the body of the trukk to keep it in the closed position.

It worked out really well.

In the test fit I noticed that the cab will be quite crowded once you get the driver and gunner in there. There is some really great detail on the interior and I didn't want to put all kinds of work in on the cab and the figures when you wouldn't see any of it so I magnetized them as well. Make 'em removable.


It's now time to disassemble and start the painting some pre-shading and base coat of dark yellow.

I masked off the interior to prevent overspray of the red and grey camo pattern... 

add a smoke wash, the same dirty dark brown I used on my micro armor....





and time to paint the interior details:







I told you there was some good detail inside the cab.
One last look before permanent assembly. I wanted to add a severed head hanging from the center like fuzzy dice but there just isn't the room once the crew gets in there. Too bad 😕

Once assembled it's chipping and exterior detailing time.

It looked pretty good but it needed something else = a banner!







From here on out I think I'll stop the commentary and just post the final pictures.






















Well that's what I did in July. Hope you like it, leave a nice comment if you like.
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment