Chuck

Chuck

Sunday, January 12, 2014

My first conversion

Well if you call modifying a model to anything other than straight out of the box then this qualifies.
This guy's from a Boyz box set I got about...oh...ten or so years ago...before the Black Reach box set came out when they revamped the models. This was my first attempt at modifying a model. I straightened out his arm as you can see, and I repositioned (added) some horns to his helmet.

You'll also notice these guys have shirt sleeves as opposed to the standard sleeveless orcs. I just always seem to be partial to having something different and unique. Also I had had this splinter camouflage scheme in mind and wanted more surface to paint it on so shirt sleeves = more surface.
Another with a repositioned horn on the helmet. He has a good dynamic pose like a charging rhino that I really like.
I really got into the modifications once I got going. I couldn't really get a good shot of it but here you can kind of see his pack of Marlboro reds strapped to the side of his helmet. I may try to get a better shot again later. And post pics of the whole unit.
One more close up shot of the first guy.

Well that's all I've got for this week. Let me know what you think.

I've spent most of this week taking pictures so I'll have a good stock of fillers to keep up posting, and doing some research on a project build I've been wanting to do for a long time. Plus mini-me had his 7th birthday this weekend and I've been building Call of Duty Mega Blocs instead of my models. I hope to get started on documenting the build project soon, we'll see.





No comments:

Post a Comment