Monday, February 17, 2014

The project: 213th Squadron - rigging?

Well I missed a couple of weeks posting and here's why: Krazy Glue hates me!

I thought about what to use and I really didn't think sewing thread would be a good way to go. I just wasn't sure I could get it taught enough to look good. Human hair... no, I already decided against that. Finally I decided on guitar string.
I had one in my bits box and thought it might work, so I went out and got a couple more...only about $3. So let's give it a try...

Using my vintage, German engineered, 1960s drafting tools I got from dad, I measured out the size I need. Then got the right size piece of wire....
Bend and snip.
Add a drop of Krazy Glue here, a drop there...
And I've got rigging!!!!!
I did these test pieces and everything looked great. So I put it aside for a day or two and came back to finish the rest. Meanwhile, unbeknownst to me, the Krazy Glue tube has decided it wants to be self-sealing. I get through about half of the struts when it closes up. I get it open with a straight pin as I've done so many other times and continue on. Alll is well and then...
It just EXPLODES!!!
....glue everywhere! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!. Many Many expletives deleted.....
It really wasn't everywhere but it was definitely more than necessary. So I had to step away from the project for a few days to get over it.
I've managed  to clean up the mess and get the courage to finish up. More on the results in the next post.
Let me know your thoughts, and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment