Chuck

Chuck

Monday, July 13, 2015

The Adventuring Party Part II

Wow! Has it really been two and a half months since my last post? Summer is full of activities but still I think I should have gotten more done.

 I got half of them done; plus an NPC guide.
















 First up is the elven sorceress:
Not the best of pictures. Have I mentioned that I need a better camera???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Next is the half-orc barbarian.


Every party needs some version of a brute squad.

 The skin tone is a custom purple color I mixed up. Purple skin and black boots were the request of the player so I did my best to get her not to look like a zombie and also to have some variations in the black costume.
 
I had to be really careful with this one as far as "staying in the lines". Since the skin was a custom color, chances of being able to mix up the same tone for touch-ups was unlikely. Lukily I was able to pull it off without any stray black paint.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Now we have the rouge.
 More black! The question is: Can it be any more black? The player wants black so we got black. I just couldn't do it all the way. One must have a hint of color; thus the blue ascot.
 
Normally all of my figures get a flat clear coat. I tried the glossy finish & I just don't like it for all over. However I did get some good variation with the black on this guy by adding a gloss coat to just selected areas; the pants and shirt to give it the shiny leather look. I like that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 Now the NPC guide that wasn't in the previous post.
As I was preparing the adventure I began to get a little worried about keeping it moving with mostly new players participating. Solution: add the NPC guide to keep them guided in the right direction. Enter the ranger who always wanted to be a cartographer. (saves time not having novice mappers too)
This guy has been on the lead pile for a looong time. He's a Reaper miniature that I think I bought as a new release. If you look him up you will see how low his SKU number is in their line compared to some of the ones today.
He's happy to be painted up and seeing some action finally.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS GUY IS MY FAVORITE.....Elven Wizard
He just looks cool. Especially with this blue filter on the white fleece making it look foggy.






Here's the original picture with no color effects. This one is more a study in greys and the two different reds worked out pretty good too. I surprised myself with how good the stone on top of his staff turned out.
 

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And finally every party needs a healer of some sort....the elven cleric:

The player wanted blue costume with silver hair. Silver hair. Now there's an idea. Never done that before. Just make sure it doesn't look metallic. It turned out really well by adding a very thin white wash over it. Kinda tones it down when it's right next to the silver trim and bluish silver shoulder plates.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well that's as far as I've gotten in two and a half months. That wasn't very much you say? Well actually I did do some other things in that time. I built a terrain piece that can't be posted because we didn't quite get far enough in the last session for it to be discovered. That's all I can say about that for now.
 
And I did paint up a goblin war band (that was handily dispatched by the barbarian, cleric, and the little gnome wizard who was inserting arrows manually after running out of spells.)



 
 Hopefully I'll get pics of the crazy gnome wizard in the next post.
 
 Until then, thanks for stopping by and leave some comments if you like.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment