Chuck

Chuck

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Mig Project Part II



This is really the part I was wanting to get to. Where the Mig is pretty simple, not many details or decals, this part is going to be a lot of detail fun.

I've been eying this model for a long time. I considered it a little pricey for a 1/72 model but I finally said screw it I'm getting it.
Then it shows up like this!!!!

WTH?!!! Let's see if I've wasted money on this.....

Nope. All pieces still in tact. That's a good thing. Saves me a call to FedEx that I really didn't want to make.
So let's lay it all out and see what we got.
Actually the model is not all I got. I also got Mig Killer decals (you guess where I'm going with this project?) and of course, NO PILOTS!!!! So I went back on the hunt for 1/72 pilots. Luckily modern pilots are slightly easier to find than WW I pilots. Found some from JP Productions that I was able to get online from a shop in Australia. I seem to find good stuff from Australian shops. What's the deal with that?





So let's start with the pilots and cockpit....

Test fit...


All looks good. Time to start painting.

The observer had his visor up so I needed to add a little green stuff and a little sculpting to get his visor down. This is going to be a Sundowner and to make it look cool I'm going to theme the helmets.










Turned out pretty good.









Next to finish out the cockpit detail.




















and to put them in their seats.






I'm a little behind on posting; missed the month of May. So my next post should be coming up fairly quickly.

Next time we'll be working on the plane build and see what they look like ready for flight.

Thanks for stopping by.








1 comment:

  1. Not an observer, but a RIO (Radar Intercept Officer). In the five squadrons I was in his helmet should be the same as the pilot. Your work is outstanding, so please take my comment in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete