Chuck

Chuck

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Pz. III pt.II

Last time we had finished the model build.

Now time to do the figures.

I looked through the decal and painting options on the tank and decided on the Balkans 1941 and did a bit of brief research.


Nope, going to stick with grey.

And decide on some placement...pretty much straight off the box suggestion. It just works really well.















Primed
And painted.


















They turned out pretty good, I just had one complaint. I know they are supposed to be battle hardened veterans but they look so OLD> I mean retirement age old. Oh well, as long as you don't look at the faces up close it's cool.

Now time to build the set.
Drafting the idea and figuring placement...
I have an old award plaque that was going in the trash at work from years ago that is going to make a perfect base. This is going to be a city/village street and cafe scene when it's all done.














So I grid out the base..
And start casting bricks with my ancient Hirstarts molds. The molds are ancient, I've had them for at least 15 years and have cast hundreds of bricks with them. Still going strong.
The beer is for drinking not mixing in the bricks. ;)
Only the corner arch and the patio are going to be plaster bricks.
 And a test fit to see how it is all going to lay out in reality.

 The street is some rubber brick scenery stuff I picked up on sale from the craft store after a Christmas some years ago. I didn't want to go through molding or carving cobble stones out of plaster. That would make it way to heavy and I really wanted to keep it simple if possible.
 Walls are foam core board. And I have plans for a few other detail dressings.
One look at the base coat
With a smaller scale sherman in the background. It was just there. We'll save the finished product for next post.
Leave some nice comments if you wish and
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment