Chuck

Chuck

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

213 Squadron - back to work

Finally back to work on 213 Squadron. It's been a while since my last post because real life kind of got in the way, but I'm back at it.

I got the rigging on the struts done and now it's time to fill gaps and clean up other spots.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



You can see I've got my work cut out for me.

I knew there was going to be a lot of work but now that I'm at that point, this is kind of ridiculous.






I got out my Tamiya model putty and started slapping it on where I needed it.

Now that I've done it, maybe I should have gone with brown stuff or green stuff. I had a real tough time with the putty. I had used it before on a 1/48 F-18 to fill in gaps and it worked okay.


This time I had trouble with it drying out and crumbling before I could get it in place; note the chunks around the exhaust pipes.


So after a lot more work than I anticipated, the gaps are filled, extra putty trimmed & sanded off, and they are ready for the next step...LET'S PAINT!!


Underside first. Yellow or gray...I went with Reaper's Golden Highlight from their skintone triad.

Next, pick the colors and start on the top. So until my next post.....

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment