Chuck

Chuck

Sunday, March 29, 2015

USS Enterprise CV-6

What have I been doing for the past two weeks? Well I'll tell ya...

Aside from some real life things getting in the way and sucking up a lot of time, I've worked on and completed a small scale USS Enterprise I got last summer.

I got this last summer when Mini-me wanted a model to build and I just can't go into a hobby shop without getting me some-thing too. Ever had that problem? This was small (gotta be small, no space) and I figured it wouldn't take too long to build. It really didn't.
 




However, I'm slowly coming to the realization that I can't build anything straight out of the box. This model has lots of tiny airplanes, sixteen I think. So there are going to be some on deck, and there's not much room on deck. A little quick research of photos and when they were warming up on deck, there were several folded wings for them all to fit. Sooooo....got to trim wings and reposition them.






This last pic, unfortunately I see there are some spots I missed that needed touch up. Oh well.

Another thing about this model, the decals were not in scale. The "6" for the bow deck was Huge! about as wide as the deck itself. So pretty much everything...wait that's wrong. Everything is hand painted.
 


Well it turned out pretty good. I'm happy with it. Now that that's out of the way back to other projects that I actually listed last month.






No comments:

Post a Comment