Chuck

Chuck

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Tale of Two Planes II

Now on to the Emil.

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures through this build. I guess I was just too focused on the building and painting.


I couldn't find my sticky notes for masking this time around so I just went for the painter's tape.

First pass was the basic grey and taking a shot with the mottling. We'll see how this turns out.











After adding the violet/grey it didn't turn out so bad.

On this close up you can see I did have a bit of misting overspray.

Also added the red spinner, yellow on the underside of the nose, and a gloss coat so it's now ready for decals...


And finally here's the final product. I used panel liner for this one with no pre-shading. It is very subtle but I think it turned out really good. Even in looking at pictures of real planes you really can't see all the panel lines so not having them overly exaggerated suits me just fine.

Then I decided I needed a base for them so I built a "concrete" pad using an old piece of wood that was laying around and some plaster.









Sanded it flat, painted it grey and here it is...






Thanks for stopping by.
I'll have more to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment